The mission of Junior Learn to Sail is to provide high quality boating safety programs for the community through education, recreation and competition. Learn to Sail develops the love of sailing in young people by making boats, time and expertise available while teaching proper boat handling, good sportsmanship, and encouraging innovation in all aspects of sailing.
Grab your friends and join us for our great 2022 summer Learn to Sail program. Please register early as classes usually fill quickly. No experience required. Boys and Girls ages 8-18 will be sailing their own sailboat. Our coaches will show you how easy it is to “Learn to Sail”. Girls and boys do equally well in this sport.
Classes will be Tuesday through Friday, 9 am to 4 pm, for $99 open to first come first serve at a maximum of 12 students per four-day class period. The $99. is for the four-day course.
(Tuition reduced by a grant from the Stockton Sailing Foundation—partial tuition grants available)
2022 Youth Learn to Sail Class Schedule
Class Dates: June 14-17, June 21-24, June 28-July 1, July 5-8, July 12-15, July 19-22, July 26-29, and August 2-5.
All Classes 9 am to 4 pm
Each Class is $99.
Click here to register for a class
- Sailors need to be 8 to 18 years old and able to swim
- Novice (Never Sailed Before)
- Beginner (I can rig my own boat)
- All classes are from 9 AM-4 PM (Bring Your Lunch)
What do I need to bring
- Swim Suit, Beach Towel, Bottled Drinking Water, Sun Block
- Hat, Sunglasses with leash
- Bring a Lunch, Snack, Dry Set of Clothes, Water Shoes w/heel straps (Bare feet are not permitted) If you have your own life jacket you are welcome to bring them (please label) otherwise SSC will provide a life jacket
Boating Activities may include any of the following
- Swimming, Paddling, Classroom and Land Based Activities. All participants will be required to pass a basic swim test
- Everyone is required to wear a Life Jacket (PFD – Personal Floatation Device) at all times when on the water, in boats or on the docks
For more information contact the SSC office at 209-951-5600